SEU Work-Study: Dean of Students
Positions Available: 1 for fall semester
(position may continue for spring semester)
Pay Range: commensurate with experience
Office Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
This position is in a fast-paced professional office environment that is student oriented. This position assists the COVID-19 Coordinator in the Dean of Students Office with all aspects of case management, intervention, education and support and university response to student needs. Duties are not limited to, but may include, answering multi-line telephones, providing customer service for students and guests, delivering meals, assisting in management of the asymptomatic testing center, light research, data management, running errands, and numerous other projects as assigned. Employees must be willing to comply with attendance and dress code. Professional etiquette, dependability, and confidentiality are expected.
· Execute daily administrative tasks as outlined by the COVID-19 Coordinator.
· Attend all mandatory COVID-19 meetings as scheduled.
· Assist manage the asymptomatic testing center to ensure a continuity of an efficient and effective process.
· Assist community members by answering questions related to COVID-19 and the university response.
· Answer the phone courteously, identifying yourself and the Student Affairs and Dean of Students Office and addressing the caller’s request regarding COVID-19.
· Act as a role-model for other students and abide by the rules and regulations of the university
· Maintain confidentiality of student information.
· Provide exceptional customer service.
· Deliver meals and running errands as needed.
· Knowledge of Smartsheet and Google Suite, especially Google Calendar.
· Conduct welfare checks on quarantining or isolating students.
· Assist in coordinating student support with campus partners.
· Assist in presentations and trainings on COVID-19 case management, education, and prevention.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Desk worker is expected to be prompt, courteous, diligent and friendly.
· Studying and personal time is permitted once all duties are finished.
· Experience working as a member of a team.
· Ability to provide excellent customer service.
· Excellent time management and organizational skills.
· Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully.
· Ability to work well with a diverse group of employees.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Answer phone at all times