SEU Work-Study: Dean of Students
Positions Available: 6 for fall semester
(position may continue for spring semester)
Pay Range: commensurate with experience
Job Title: Student Assistant II
Working Title: Healthy Hilltop Student Assistants
☐ Exempt ☒Nonexempt
Reports to: Davion Ayabarreno
Department: Dean of Students
Assignment Length: Fall 2021
Pay Range: $8.25
Check any that apply: ☐ Designated Driver ☐ Background Check
Healthy Hilltop Student Assistants will provide campus meal delivery services and support the Dean of Student’s COVID 19 Coordinator.
The Healthy Hilltop Student Support staff will perform various duties for the Dean of Students Office under the Program Manager’s supervision, including:
• Transferring meals from Hunt Hall to rooms in the residence halls and apartments using campus carts
• Providing deliveries across campus to students and campus partners as needed
• Providing case management services to students in need of support for managing COVID-19
• Other duties as assigned
• Demonstrated accuracy, organization, and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and as a team member with instruction from the Dean of Student’s Office
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively both in person, through email, and over the telephone
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions and adhere to procedures, workplace guidelines, and attendance policies
• Commitment to providing exceptional customer service and a willingness to help others
• Ability to meet physical demands of the position including but not limited to long periods of standing and sitting, frequent bending and squatting, as well as long periods of computer keyboarding and reading a computer screen. Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and push or pull a fully loaded book truck weighing at least 100 pounds. Must have manual dexterity sufficient to prepare and maintain physical collection appropriately.
This is a part-time non-exempt position. Hours scheduled to be worked will be identified by your supervisor; however; the incumbent may not exceed 20 hours in any given work week. The individual holding this position may need to be available early morning, evening and weekends to meet the needs of the department.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT / CERTIFICATIONS
SKILL DEVELOPMENT AREAS
• Time Management
• Critical Thinking
• Problem Solving
• Customer Service
EVALUATION: Students will be evaluated on satisfactory completion of tasks assigned.
Evaluations should take place at the end of each semester in which work was completed.
I have read and understand my job description and acknowledge that management reserves the right to change or reassign job duties or combine positions at any time.
Employee (Print Name): _____________________________Date: _______________
Employee (Signature): ______________________________Date: _______________