This is a paid position in the Office of Student Involvement supervised by the Assistant Director of Student Involvement. The student will gain experience creating publications in a fast-paced, student focus working environment while building a portfolio of published work.
• Create publicity materials (flyers, videos, gifs, banners, table tents, postcards, invitations, etc.) for the majority of Student Involvement events
• Assist with the layout of Student Involvement publications, such as brochures, social media content, flyers, postcards and posters
• Assist with creating a marketing plan for Student Involvement as well as its individual functional areas and chartered organizations: Student Government Association, University Programming Board, Homecoming Ambassadors, Student Involvement Office Staff.
• Serve as the liaison between the Student Involvement and charted organizations marketing positions.
• Coursework completed in graphic design, marketing, communications or English writing programs required
• Proficient skills in Adobe Creative Design Standard CS5 or CS6 or other marketing/design software is preferred
• Ability to apply knowledge of composition and perspective required
• Excellent time-management and organizational skills preferred
• Ability to multitask and work under time-sensitive deadlines in a fast-paced ever-changing environment