Chemours is seeking a Chemical Engineer Fall Co-op to join our Manufacturing Technology team! This position will report directly to the Engineering Senior Manager.
As a Chemical Engineer Co-op, you will work closely with a Chemical Engineering Consultant to gain valuable experience while conducting and assisting with laboratory experimental studies in support of Chemours manufacturing and R&D operations. You will collaborate with engineers, laboratory support technicians and internal clients to design experiments, complete data analysis, and perform calculations to aid in process development activities. The primary laboratory processes associated with this assignment include filtration, adsorption, centrifugation, and various analytical techniques. Active participation in laboratory safety management activities and reviews is essential.
Effective engineering interns will show collective entrepreneurship, self-awareness, and will be naturally inquisitive.
Location: Newark, DE
Hours: Regular full-time schedule of 40 hours per week
Preferred First Term: August-December 2021
Candidates must be able to commit to at least a total of six (6) months as a co-op. Two (2) or more terms may be required.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare and present technical summaries to internal customers and peers
- Collaborate with various internal functions such as R&D, Analytical, Manufacturing, Sales, Marketing, Product Stewardship & Regulatory to meet the needs of our customers
- Prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Become proficient in the lab operations and basic testing required to increase knowledge of separation and adsorption mechanisms.
- Perform calculations to assist in process development and equipment specification.
The following is required for this role:
- Enrollment at an accredited college or university as a Junior or above at time of assignment
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Chemical Engineering or similar fields
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, particularly in MS Excel®
- Effective communication & organizational skills
The following is preferred for this role:
- Experience in a laboratory and/or manufacturing environment
- Technical curiosity and a strong desire to learn
- 3.0 GPA
- Competitive Compensation
- Paid Site Holidays and Paid Day of Service
- Temporary Housing Assistance
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Strong Inclusion a Diversity Initiatives
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY
We are driven by our purpose to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch—in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications. We bring solutions that are better, safer, more reliable, and more sustainable, through the power of chemistry.
We see our people as our biggest assets. Instead of focusing just on what our employees do each day, we look at how they do it. By taking a different approach to talent development, employee engagement, and culture, our goal is to empower employees to be their best selves—at Chemours and in life.
The “ours” in Chemours represents everyone who works here. We’re thousands strong and always looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
Five fundamental, foundational values form the substructure of our culture as a multinational
corporation. They are core beliefs that guide and frame both our behaviors and our aspirations.
Our values are in part what differentiate us from others, making us uniquely Chemours.
They are—Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Collective Entrepreneurship,
Safety Obsession, and Unshakable Integrity. At Chemours, our values are where everything begins.
We were honored to be named a “Great Place to Work-Certified Company” for 2018 and 2019—our second consecutive year. We were also proud to receive a Gold Medallion Award from the U.S. Department of Labor’s HIRE VETS program in 2019.
Chemours is an equal opportunity employer
Chemours is an E-Verify employer
Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Candidates who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) are ineligible