Chemours is seeking a Supply Chain Fall Intern to join our Fluorochemicals team! This position will report directly to the North America Supply Chain Manager.
This position will provide project support for the supply chain/logistics function, including enhancement to critical reporting, flow maps and desk procedures. It will likely expand to include continuous improvement opportunities in the supply chain space utilizing data analysis to drive results.
Effective candidates will have proven attention to detail, the ability to communicate with impact, and be able to adapt to a changing environment.
Location: Wilmington, DE (possibility for remote)
Hours: Full-time or Part-time schedule, flexible to candidate needs
Preferred Term: August-December 2021
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and effectively execute enhancements or improvements in existing supply chain/logistics desk procedures, maps and processes
- Demonstrate leadership, self-direction and sensitivity in coming into a new group, asking questions, and approaching stakeholders in a potentially virtual working environment
- Seek to understand the project goals and take ownership to move the project forward to meet the required timeline
- Collaborate with a cross functional team to gather voice of the customer
- Actively listen and translate learnings in a way that clearly articulated goals, progress and issue resolution
- Demonstrate critical thinking abilities and energy to engage in constructive discussions of alternatives
- Collect and analyze data for impact on business results
- Schedule, prepare agenda/content, and facilitate meetings with appropriate team members to present ideas and incorporate guidance & business knowledge
- Engage in dialogue for soliciting feedback
the following is required for this role:
- Enrollment at an accredited college or university as a Sophomore or above at time of assignment
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Supply Chain, Business Management, Operations Management, or relatable fields
- Solid technical skills in PowerPoint, with advanced Excel skills including pivot tables and formulas
The following is preferred for this role:
- Previous internship or co-op experience in chemicals industry
- Basic knowledge of appropriate supply chain, financial, and logistical terminology
- Competitive Compensation
- Paid Site Holidays and Paid Day of Service (for full-time internships only)
- Temporary Housing Assistance (for full-time internships only)
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Strong Inclusion a Diversity Initiatives
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY.
We are driven by our purpose to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch—in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications. We bring solutions that are better, safer, more reliable, and more sustainable, through the power of chemistry.
We see our people as our biggest assets. Instead of focusing just on what our employees do each day, we look at how they do it. By taking a different approach to talent development, employee engagement, and culture, our goal is to empower employees to be their best selves—at Chemours and in life.
The “ours” in Chemours represents everyone who works here. We’re thousands strong and always looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
Five fundamental, foundational values form the substructure of our culture as a multinational
corporation. They are core beliefs that guide and frame both our behaviors and our aspirations.
Our values are in part what differentiate us from others, making us uniquely Chemours.
They are—Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Collective Entrepreneurship,
Safety Obsession, and Unshakable Integrity. At Chemours, our values are where everything begins.
We were honored to be named a “Great Place to Work-Certified Company” for 2018 and 2019—our second consecutive year. We were also proud to receive a Gold Medallion Award from the U.S.
Department of Labor’s HIRE VETS program in 2019.
Chemours is an equal opportunity employer
Chemours is an E-Verify employer
Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Candidates who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) are ineligible
At Chemours, you will find sustainability in our vision, our business and your future. If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join Chemours and discover what it means when we say “We Are Living Chemistry”.