Location: Cambridge, MA
Shift: Monday-Friday, Full Time
- This is a 5-6 month, Full-Time Co-Op opportunity
- Spring Co-Ops will start in January 2022 and end in June 2022; Fall Co-Ops will start in July 2022 and end in December 2022.
- All Co-Op roles are intended to be on-site; this is not a remote position.
- Your school should have a defined co-op program to participate.
- Some relocation assistance may be provided, as needed.
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Viral Vector Services (VVS), part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is a dynamic gene therapy contract development and manufacturing organization that is looking for leaders to bring the highest quality processes, products and testing to our clients. The VVS Supply Chain Quality organization is a cross functional group supporting network locations in Massachusetts and Florida. Based out of Somerville, MA, the Supply Chain Quality group works to qualify new vendors and suppliers, define the VVS raw material testing and release strategy and develop material specifications to support ongoing clinical and commercial programs.
How will you make an impact?
The incumbent will have the opportunity to work in Supplier Quality alongside the team performing supplier qualification, quality agreements, supplier change notifications and quality assurance.
The incumbent will directly support the Supply Chain quality organization and will have the opportunity to identify and implement process improvements impacting the Somerville site.
What will you do?
- Participate in business improvement initiatives to streamline key Supply Chain quality initiatives
- Perform quality walkthroughs of the warehouse and quality control spaces
- Assist in the development of tools to help coordinate routine raw material inspection, sampling, and testing.
- Streamline the process for receipt, execution and archival of raw material release packets
- Participate in business improvement initiatives to streamline laboratory processes
How will you get here?
Knowledge, Skill, and Requirements:
- Enrolled/ studying for a degree in Life Sciences or Engineering
- 2-5 years’ of completed university coursework
- Knowledge of biologic manufacturing, vector manufacturing, fill finish, or label and pack processes desired, but not required.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills; written and oral.
- Ability to perform as an individual and part of a team, self-motivated
- Solid understanding of US, EU and ROW cGMP guidelines and requirements preferred.
- Ability to recognize, understand and respond to situations requiring further evaluation and report these events (process, safety, personnel, etc..) to senior specialists or area management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to function in a rapidly changing environment & handle multiple priorities
- A flexible work schedule is required
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
Note: This job description is not all-inclusive. Additional duties may be performed, as assigned. It acts as a guideline and is subject to change over time.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 90,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.