SEU Work-Study: TILT Performance Group Intern
Positions Available: 1 for full academic year
Pay Range: $9.75-$10.75, commensurate with experience
TILT Performance Group is seeking an intern to assist with a variety of project in different company sectors. This position will report directly to TILT’s Artistic Director and be given the opportunity to see how a nonprofit theatre company makes the transition from a small to a medium sized business. This is currently a remote position with no current plans of in-person contact until 2022. This internship opportunity provides an excellent opportunity to work with TILT’s staff members with years of experience in the arts. Interns will serve 10-20 hours per week indefinitely and can be terminated with two weeks notice. Candidates must be eligible for work-study through St. Edward’s University.
TILT Performance Group is a nonprofit theatre company located in Austin, Tx composed entirely of adult actors living with disabilities. Our mission is to shatter stereotypes surrounding people living with disabilities through performance art. We produce four annual shows per year, and have launched our educational branch TILT U. comprising of weekly classes for our company members to practice their craft and combat isolation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist Executive Director with the solicitation and generation of ad sales.
· Attend weekly #ATXTheatre ZOOM meeting as a representative of TILT
· Contribute to the development and management of TILT’s social media presence.
· Assist in the coordination of digital “opening night” premiers for TILT innovative online productions.
· Assist with additional seasonal projects as identified.
· Some experience coordinating volunteers, event planning, project management and/or administrative support.
· Comfortable with public speaking.
· Able to speak, read, and write in English fluently.
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite and comfort with a variety of databases.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to pay meticulous attention to detail.
· Available at least 10 hours per week between 8:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. weekdays. Remote work access can be discussed for all positions.
· Position is contingent on St. Edward’s University Work-Study eligibility.
· Most elements of the work plan may be completed remotely as needed in response to COVID-19 for the 2020-2021 academic year.
· Availability for occasional evening or weekend hours in addition to weekday office hours, scheduled with advanced notice.
· Availability between Fall & Spring semesters.
· Access to reliable transportation helpful.
· 10-15 hours per week typical.
Skills you will gain:
· Data management skills, including entry and reporting. Familiarity with several databases and spreadsheet tools.
· Event coordination skills by assisting with event preparation, hosting volunteer projects, and taking part in event analysis.
· Knowledge of the structure of a nonprofit organization, through participation in team conversations and opportunities to meet with staff within Volunteer Engagement and other departments for informational interviews and opportunities to observe direct service programs.
· Effective communication skills with colleagues and clients, including written, phone, and in person etiquette. Ability to respond to questions and client feedback professionally.
· Effective time management skills, including familiarity with Outlook calendar and task functions.
· Technical skills in Outlook, Excel, G Drive suite, social platforms & website management.
· In response to COVID-19, work may be completed remotely as needed and with supervisor approval.