*Please note applications are reviewed throughout the year for each semester as follows:
Applications reviewed in November for the Spring Semester
Applications reviewed in April for the Summer Semester
Applications reviewed in June for the Fall Semester
Please direct questions to TCJPD Community Liaison, London Lawrence via email at London.Lawrence@traviscountytx.gov.
The Community Engagement Specialist Intern works directly with the Community Liaison to develop strong community relationships. Performs a variety of routine tasks, such as assisting in planning community need-based projects and events, developing marketing content, and assisting with the development of outreach strategies that are consistent with the Department’s goals.
Incumbents in this classification represent the community and aids in contact between local agencies and the Department. This classification performs a variety of tasks and typically performs duties in training together with a higher-level staff member. This classification may require a flexible work schedule to meet the needs of the department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists developing strong community relationships. Serves as a liaison between the community and the local agencies as appropriate.
- Assists in data collection, data entry and organization, and maintenance of files.
- Prepares and conducts presentations to community groups, local agencies, and organizations, the Commissioners Court, policymakers, and other stakeholders.
- Provides information to community members, parents, departmental clientele, outside agencies, other County staff and officials, and the general public.
- Performs administrative duties, such as providing information to clients over the phone, preparing routine correspondence, and processing incoming mail.
- Participates in the planning, development, implementation, and monitoring of community engagement strategies, plans, and programs.
- Assists coordinates, produce, and direct production of various video projects and outreach materials.
- Assists in compiling, monitoring, documenting, and maintaining volunteer / Intern database.
- Help develop and distribute important updates regarding community policies and procedures.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Temporary / Seasonal