*Please note applications are reviewed throughout the year for each semester as follows:
Applications reviewed in November for the Spring Semester
Applications reviewed in April for the Summer Semester
Applications reviewed in June for the Fall Semester
Please direct questions to TCJPD Community Liaison, London Lawrence at London.Lawrence@traviscountytx.gov.
The Social Services Program Intern works directly with the Social Services Unit to assisting clients and other staff. Performs a variety of routine tasks, such as providing basic social services information, assisting with program development, performing administrative functions, and conducting program research. Assists in organizing case files and other materials/resources for social services staff.
This classification assists in aiding in various phases of the juvenile justice system. This classification performs a variety of tasks and typically performs duties in training together with a higher-level staff member. This classification may require work in secure facilities. This classification may require a flexible work schedule to meet the needs of the department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Provides basic social services information and forms to clients. Answers routine questions provides pamphlets and other program information and refer clients to appropriate social services staff for further information and assistance.
· Participates in program planning and development
· Assists in data collection, data entry and organization, and maintenance of case files.
· Monitors, reviews, and evaluates information on service delivery system methods, program outcomes, and activities to identify gaps in resources. May recommend and implement related improvements.
· Performs administrative duties, such as providing information to clients over the phone, preparing routine correspondence, and processing incoming mail for case files.
· May plan, develop, and conduct program-related educational sessions and training. May speak to the community and other groups.
· Assists in compiling, monitoring, documenting, and maintaining statistical and other information and records.
· Assists with the preparation and distribution of resources to families and youth via current department initiatives such as the care counter.
· Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Temporary / Seasonal