SEU Workstudy: Woman’s Storybook Project of Texas
Posting: Marketing Assistant
Positions Available: 1 for 2021-2022 academic term
Pay Range: $9.75-$10.75, commensurate with experience
Women’s Storybook Project of Texas’ (WSP) mission is to connect children with their incarcerated mothers through the joy of literature. We help incarcerated bring comfort to their children. Mothers record stories and messages of love for their children so the children know that they are loved.
WSP is seeking an intern interested in building a brighter future for the children of incarcerated mothers across Texas and the U.S. by helping broaden and brand our presence on social media and standard media outlets. Our goal is program expansion and mission awareness. Our Marketing Intern will gain experience in a variety of tasks including: research, reporting, developing and using brand/style guide and scheduling posts, calendaring future media/social media opportunities.
WSP seeks a part time Marketing Work Study with organizational skills, time management, and an inquisitive nature. Students will work 10-12 hours per week under the supervision of our Operations Manager.
You will be part of team shaping Women’s Storybook Project’s development strategy for 2022 budget year (Jan-Dec.) WSP’s current marketing strategy includes posting for each fundraiser, book of the month, volunteer experiences and holidays. This experience should be highly transferable to a professional work environment.
Job responsibilities will include:
· Research: familiarize yourself with our social media and media history and website.
· Become familiar with the areas where WSP serves children. (State Map, U.S. Map, Prison Map)
· Research: identify prospective markets with that align with our mission and goals.
· Coordinate with development, volunteer and statewide outreach intern for new contacts.
· Identify markets with high potential for success in bringing in donors and/or volunteers. Create mini profiles: content, approach, pitch, strategy.
· Management: track complete contact information and any connection we may have: board member, volunteer, staff, etc.
· Other tasks as assigned.
· Passion for our mission.
· Candidates for the position must have work or volunteer experience, and/or coursework in English, Communications, Non-Profit Studies or similar discipline.
· Have superior written communication skills with an emphasis on concise, persuasive correspondence.
· Must be familiar with Microsoft Office, Canva, Asana, social media
· Ideally, have experience working with a non-profit organization as a volunteer
· In addition, candidates should have some or all of the following skills:
o Ability to analyze and draw meaningful conclusions from data
o A willingness to learn new things or new ways of doing things
o Ability to meet deadlines with little to no daily onsite supervision
o Attention to detail
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills
o Enthusiasm about making a difference