We encourage you to engage with our students through our in-person fairs, virtual fairs, and other online events, information sessions, and opportunities. This Handshake article, Tips for Recruiting Virtually, includes information and ideas about developing a successful digital recruiting strategy and hosting virtual recruiting events.
Below are our upcoming Career Fairs with links for employer registration. Hyperlinked fairs are being offered this spring. If you have any questions, contact our Associate Director.
- Accounting Job & Internship Fair
- Part-time/Full-Time Job Fair
- Graduate and Professional School Fair
- Internship Fair
- Master’s of Arts in Counseling Internship Fair
*Please note: fairs may be moved to a virtual setting if COVID restrictions change on campus.
Job and Internship Postings
Full and part-time jobs and internship positions are posted on Handshake to facilitate your connection with St. Edward’s University students. If you’d like to learn more about internships at St. Edward’s University, visit our Internship Information page. Given the current environment, some companies are offering remote internships in order to continue this valuable opportunity that provides benefits for both for students and employers. If you’re exploring this option and have questions, the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) published an article titled Best Practices for Supporting Students Remotely. In addition, LinkedIn Learning has made a variety of courses available for free that focus on managing employees who are working remotely.
Virtual Events and Information Sessions
During this time, we encourage our employer partners to offer virtual recruiting and information sessions. While we utilize Zoom for our non-fair virtual events, we welcome you to use the videoconferencing platform of your choice. All career events and information sessions are posted in Handshake, while also being promoted to students, alumni, faculty, and staff on the Career and Professional Development website. This article, Host Virtual Events, provides information about how you can leverage Handshake to offer virtual events. If you need assistance with requesting an event, please contact our Associate Director. Some virtual events ideas you may want to consider include the following:
- Information Session to help students learn more about your company
- ‘Meet the Employer’ or panel discussion to give a face to your company, while providing firsthand experiences or advice
- Virtual office tours to provide a glimpse of your company culture
- How to Post a Job/Internship
- Handshake’s Employer Blog for best practices
- How to Search for Students in Handshake
- Downloading Student Resumes